Friday, April 24, 2009

MLB Predictions

Although the NFL draft is great and all, the topic has recently been covered, albeit with a B10 focus. Of those mentioned in that post, I think Shonn Greene will provide the best value wherever he lands in terms of contract money and production. While I'm not suggesting he will turn out to be LT, I think he will be the most productive player coming out of the mid-to-late rounds. I envision him landing softly with a good team and getting some playing time. Furthermore, he doesn't strike me as someone who will have character or work ethic problems in the NFL even if some of those problems lurk in his past. I think he will have something to prove. I also thought about talking about the NBA playoffs. But is there really anything to say when it seems nearly every NBA team gets into the playoffs? Instead of March Madness, the NBA has April, May, and June Madness. Can you really consider it a good season when you have a losing record and still make it into the playoffs? I dunno, but Stern seems to be flushing this thing (league) down the toilet. But what do I know, I only watch the NBA on Thanksgiving and Christmas. The league does not otherwise exist for me. So, here are my MLB playoff predictions based on almost one month of play. AL East - BoSox AL Central - ChiSox (but who cares really, it's the AL Central) AL West - LAngels (if their injured pitchers return to form and Fuentes holds steady) Wildcard - Seattle NL East - Philadelphia (FL is first two letters in fluke) NL Central - Cards (sort of like the AL Central for me) NL West - Dodgers Wildcard - Cubs DP Winners - BoSox, LAngels, Cards, Dodgers CS Winners - BoSox, Dodgers WS Winners - Dodgers

No comments:

Post a Comment