Monday, June 15, 2009

Kobe Sucks

Here's the deal you either agree with the title of this or you disagree. So I'll explain why Michael Jordan is awesome and Kobe Bryant sucks. First, were the title to be Jordan Sucks, you would have to either disagree or be an idiot, whereas with Kobe you can agree. Okay, Kobe Bryant is good at basketball; he doesn't suck. However, I'll just provide a quick analogy why this championship does nothing to put Kobe Bryant on that all-time great level in my mind and shouldn't yours. Can we just imagine for a second, which players the Orlando Magic would have represented on a mid 90's Bulls team... Given how Dwight Howard basically only played defense this series... I don't think its to much of a stretch to compare his performance to Dennis Rodman. Here's an easy and offensive one...Turkoglu most reminded me of Toni Kukoc. Rashard Lewis played so poorly I'd have to relate him to Scottie Pippen with a bum ankle. You can basically amount the rest of the players to the likes of B.J. Armstrong, Steve Kerr, John Paxson, and Gortat will be played by Bill Wennington. Pietrus played well enough to account for Pippen's ankle. So we have as a starting five Pippen, Rodman, Kukoc, Kerr, and Armstrong. This is a par team and that's who Kobe beat. He wouldn't have and won't next year beat a healthy Celtics team (even though they won 2 in the regular season this year). In what universe would this Lakers team have beat Stockton and Malone even once. Here's the real reason Kobe Sucks... I was not entertained. I wanted to turn off my new Vizio tv when I saw that face in game 1. It said to me, "I'm a jerk who happens to be better than anyone currently on the court and I want to be remembered for something, so here's what I came up with." When kids stuck there tongue out in the 90's to be Like Mike everyone laughed. When kids put on their Kobe face out now, they're going to get slapped in it. When Jordan put his hands up it awe of himself it said to me, "I can't believe it either" and we were connected. Half of all the so-called haters like myself are going to jump ship now and talk about how awesome Kobe is. Its a sad day for me. Ironically though, I did imitate Kobe's game 1 face when I realized the Lakers had clinched.

No comments:

Post a Comment