Thursday, May 28, 2009

There's an NBA game tonight

I love Lebron James. Its taken me a while to realize that he's not Michael Jordan, but he's still young and I really didn't watch the NBA until Jordan had been in the league 6 or 7 years. The Jordan-like quality he does hold is me. Yes he holds me. I actually enjoy watching the NBA when he's on the court. I give it the same respect I give the other 2 major sports and make sure my wife keeps her babies quite so I can concentrate. I'm extremely excited about an NBA game for the first time in a while (I was mildly excited last Finals w/ the LA-Boston matchup). Lebron has gotten better every year and now he has his back to the wall facing elimination from a lower seed and the NBA championship slipping away. I hear everyone saying that Lebron needs to follow Kobe's lead last night and shoot less.... there's one problem... Lebron's teammates really aren't any good. Other than Mo Williams and maybe Z, they would all be bench players on many teams around the league. I will cede that Lebron really isn't much more than an average shooter, and give Lebron the advice I'm sure he's waiting on-line to hear. Take the ball every single time, and without getting a charge, run straight down Dwight Howard's face. I wouldn't even try to score so much just concentrate on getting Dwight Howard off his feet... then do the same thing when Howard leaves the game or fouls out, but this time just dunk the ball on the far inferior defender. If Lebron doesn't have at least 30 free throw attempts tonight... I'll be disappointed. If he shoots 9 times and the team loses, I will not watch him for 1 solid year. But I'm going to pull a Mo Williams and guarantee the CAVS win by 10 tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment