Thursday, September 17, 2009

The Raaaaiiiiiiders!

I have something I feel I need to come clean about... I am a Raiders fan. I also live in Kansas City. I not only have the privilege of being a part of the Chiefs and Raiders rivalry, I also feel like an insider in the long running contest to be the worst sports franchise of all time. My beloved Raiders or my hometown Kansas City Royals. The Royals are bad, but clearly here, the Raiders, continuing on an NFL record worst 6 year span are surging ahead. Raider Nation is the only fan base hoping during every game that their team's owner will soon pass. It's not that we hate Al Davis, we just realize he's the problem. Talk to any Raider's fan and they will sooner or later say, "Just wait until Al Davis dies." The Raiders are one of the few teams in any major sport that can at the same time have one of the highest payroll's in the league and continually finish at the bottom of the barrel. I think one thing the Raiders could do to help themselves out immediately is realize that they are the Raiders. So what if Tom Cable broke one of the coach's jaw? He denied it and didn't want to discuss it. The Raider coach I love would've said, "You're damn right I broke his jaw." He sleeps 300 yards away from.... and you can't handle the truth. The Raiders aren't like everyone else. They're mean. They cheat. They bite. They win. Their mascot is a pirate after all. It's no different than your local drugdealer trying to get a job in the cube next to you. It's just not going to work. I watched in vain Monday night... only to regret that I stayed awake. I did notice one thing... the Raiders were dropping Chargers like Enron stock. So they blew it at the last minute. It was gut wrenching, but maybe they will realize they are the Raiders. They are America's team... that America really doesn't want to claim. Watch and you'll see as the opposing teams injuries go up so will the Raider's wins. So here's to the hope that the Raiders can get back to their old ways and stop embarrassing me at work. Since I'm about two more consecutive 10 loss seasons away from disowning them, I'm making an optimistic prediction. Watch and see... 2009 Raiders 7 wins 9 losses back on their way to the top.

No comments:

Post a Comment